In this day and age, being mindful of your surroundings is of the utmost importance.…
Hand hygiene is one of the best measures to combat the spread of coronavirus disease, and washing your hands properly, reduces the chances of contracting the virus.
COVID-19 spreads through water droplets from coughing or sneezing. Experts say that the virus lingers on surfaces for up to three days, which means you are more likely to get infected if you don’t practice good hand hygiene.
Even if you’re not near a COVID-19-infected person, you can still get sick after touching surfaces that they sneezed or coughed on. Frequently touched surfaces, such as doorknobs and public railings, are hotspots for germs. That’s why it’s crucial to wash your hands regularly.
Here’s a short infographic on the proper way to wash your hands and answers to frequently asked questions about handwashing.
Related Article: COVID-19 PREVENTION: 5 TIPS TO AVOID GETTING SICK
PROVEN HANDWASHING GUIDE
- Avoid whisking your hands in the air to dry them – this spreads the remaining germs via the water droplets.
- Avoid directly touching faucet handles, doorknobs, and paper towel dispensers after washing your hands – use a paper towel.
- Use a paper towel to turn off the tap.
- Always wash your hands in running water.
HOW LONG SHOULD I WASH MY HANDS?
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), along with different credible health organizations, recommend washing your hands for at least 20 seconds or about as long as the “Happy Birthday” song sung twice.
WHEN SHOULD I WASH MY HANDS?
Handwashing is more necessary now than ever. We are exposed to germs throughout the day as we touch different surfaces. Wash your hands under these situations, as these could potentially increase your chances of getting the virus.
WASH YOUR HANDS
- before, during, and after preparing food
- before eating food
- before and after treating a cut or wound
- before leaving the bathroom
- after returning home from outside
- after handshakes
- after changing diapers
- after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- after touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- after handling pet food or pet treats
- after touching garbage
- after putting on your shoes
- after touching frequently touched surfaces
WASHING YOUR HANDS IS FUN AND EASY
Make handwashing enjoyable with Care Touch Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap that comes in three unique scents – Coconut Lime, Rose Lavender, and Pink Grapefruit. Maintaining proper hand hygiene goes a long way in keeping you safe from germs.
If there’s no water available for handwashing, you can use hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes to keep your hands clean and germ-free. We offer a wide variety of sanitizing supplies for your everyday needs.
Visit our store now!