Calcium Alginate Dressing (15 pack)
• WOUND DRESSING: Dress your moderate to high exuding wounds the right way.
• CALCIUM ALGINATE DRESSING: Sterilized wound dressing that contains alginate fibers derived from seaweed.
• EASY APPLICATION & REMOVAL: Just cover the wound with the gauze and remove as needed. The alginate gel will not adhere to your wound when removing.
• HIGHLY ABSORBENT: The wound dressing can absorb wound exudates and form a gel-like covering over the wound.
• MAINTAINS MOIST ENVIRONMENT: The gel maintains a moist environment to accelerate wound healing.
The Care Touch Calcium Alginate Dressings were designed as a lightweight, effective method for protecting moderate to high types of wounds. They are an ultra-absorbent gauze that contain sodium and calcium fibers derived from seaweed to help accelerate the healing process. They can be placed over open wounds and ulcers, along with rope dressings used to pack the wound. It absorbs excess fluids while maintaining a moist environment, and promotes healing with open wounds, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, or venous ulcers. Each dressing can absorb up to 20 times its own weight – they also mold themselves to the shape of your body and wound, so that it can absorb wound drainage properly, making it ideal for wounds in areas that are hard to dress. Each box contains 15 individually wrapped, sterile gauze.
|Dimensions||5.25 × 6 × 1.25 in|
Calcium Alginate Dressing
Will this dressing allow the skin to close over the wound properly?
Yes. This dressing promotes efficient and fast healing with its calcium alginate components locking in moisture for better wound fluid.
How would I know if the calcium alginate dressing doesn’t trigger an allergy?
You can test a small piece on your skin and wait a few minutes for any allergic reactions. If it doesn’t trigger any skin allergies, then the dressing is safe to use.
Can I cut the dressing into pieces?
Yes. It depends on the size of the wound. For best practices, use a whole dressing for heavy wounds as it could speed up the healing process.
What are the directions for using?
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.