Massive holidays are coming up right around the corner as we inch closer to the end of the year. Bountiful feasts await you, and the stress of gaining a pound the following morning weighs down on you.
Thanksgiving could be a holiday full of tasty food and fun company, a time to have fun and unwind. In any case, you may be feeling a bit of post-Thanksgiving guilt after reveling in that turkey leg or pumpkin pie.
While some individuals don’t gain over a pound of weight from their Thanksgiving feast, it is still vital to monitor your weight before they begin to pile up and cause complications or worsen underlying health issues. Free yourself from the guilt of over-indulging during the holidays.
You might feel bloated the morning after your Thanksgiving feast. It’s best to start slow and begin your day with a Low-Impact Steady State (LISS) workout. It gets your blood pumping and fires up your metabolism to get your body ready for a more intense workout later on.
- Other Aerobic Exercises (moderate pace)
Generally, when you’re a beginner, you should start with 30-minute workouts. With LISS, keep a steady pace throughout the whole session to get the best results.
After you’ve got your whole body warmed up, it’s time to move on to doing High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This kind of exercise involves short bursts of movements followed by a timed rest. Individual HIIT exercises usually run for a minute while doing the maximum reps possible.
This HIIT routine focuses on your legs, core, and abdominal muscles to burn off the excess calories you consumed the night before. Perform each exercise for 30 seconds nonstop and push your heart rate up.
Monitor your pulse rate with the Care Touch Fingertip Oximeter that’s capable of measuring your pulse and SpO2 levels in just 10 seconds with a single press of a button.
Total Workout Time: 12 Minutes
Number of Sets: 4
1.) Bodyweight Squats
- Plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart.
- Look straight ahead and bend your hips and knees, ensuring that your knees are in line with your toes as you go down.
- Make sure your upper legs are in parallel with the floor.
- Ensure that your back remains within a 45- to 90- degree angle to your hips.
- Extend your legs and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
2.) Reverse Commandos (Plank-to-Pushup Sequence)
- Start in a plank position.
- Place your left hand on the floor directly below your left shoulder and push to elevate your body.
- Do the same but with your right hand this time.
- Ensure that you keep your core clinched to prevent your hips from swaying.
- Release your left hand, lower your forearm to the mat, and do the same with your right hand to return to the starting position.
- Continue alternating between your right and left forearms for 30 seconds.
3.) Bent-leg Raises
- Start by lying on your back with your hands under your buttocks.
- Engage your abdominal muscles by elevating your legs off the mat slightly.
- Bend your knees and using your abdominals, draw them in towards your chest, ensuring that your feet stay together.
- Slowly extend your legs to return to the starting position.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
4.) High Knees
- Plant both feet on the floor.
- Bend your right leg and bring your knee up to your chest.
- Lower your right leg and plant your foot on the floor.
- Do the same with your left leg.
- Gradually speed up as you get used to the movement.
- Continue alternating between right and left legs for 30 seconds.
- Rest for one minute.
- Go back to exercise one (bodyweight squats).
Your typical bathroom scale will only tell you the amount you are losing in pounds. Since most of your body fat is underneath your skin, the best method for measuring your body fat percentage is through the skinfold method.
Care Touch Fat Caliper Set makes body fat measurements convenient. By using our body fat caliper, you can measure your body fat accurately in three simple steps.
HIIT workouts are great for building muscle and cutting excess fats from your reserves. With this in mind, moderation on Thanksgiving night is still the best way to rid yourself of the guilt the morning after. You may cut down on fatty food such as dairy, eat more lean meat, and ease down on the pumpkin pie. Enjoy the holidays with your health in mind!